Happy Birthday! Pie And Biscuits Is One Year Old TodayJuly 15, 2010
Yes, Pie and Biscuits is one year old today. The time has gone so quickly. It was a tentative Pie that started this blog on the 15th July, because I wasn’t sure if:
1. I could keep it up.
2. I’d be able to write as freely as I did to my friends on my email list, because I was aware this was going out on t’internet, and therefore the world.
3. Anyone outside of my personal group would be interested in my wittering anyway.
Tentative I may have been, but my ego was big enough to push me into giving it a go. It’s now a year down the line and what have I learnt? I found that:
1. I’ve kept it up, even with the random scheduling of my posts and life stuff getting in the way.
2. I’ve now settled down to be as free on this blog as I was in my emails. My commentators are the new online friends and they’re great.
3. People are interested in my stuff and nonsense. I’ve commented on many blogs and most people return the favour. Some have become regular visitors to my online Pie Palace and they have interesting things to say. It’s a party every day and I thank you all for coming.
So in celebration of this great day (in my little universe at least), I pulled out a few of my early musings and more recent ones from the Pie archive that should keep you busy for a while. I hope you enjoy them and that you will continue to read and comment on future posts, as and when you feel the urge. Here’s to year two!
This was the second post on my new and shiny blog. Swine Flu was big news at the time.
A couple of (very) short ones for you
Andrew Ridgley, formerly of Wham is getting older. The tabloid papers were making a big deal of it – why?
A meditation on depression after a German goalkeeper killed himself last year.
I went to see The Specials in November 2009. It was a top gig.
This one proved to be a very popular post. It still makes me laugh whenever I read it. It was even funnier to experience it.